Flowers should be dropped off no later than 4 days after the event (wedding, funeral, etc.) The pressing process varies for each flower, so it's best to receive the flowers as soon as possible.
For bridal bouquets and smaller arrangements: At home, keep your flowers in a vase of shallow water (2-3 inches) in the fridge. Remove all ribbon, charms, rosaries, or special keepsakes added to the arrangement before placing them in water. If you’re low on fridge space, or you have too many flowers to be able to store in the fridge, please just be sure that the flowers are kept in water and in a cool, well-ventilated, low-lit area. You may dump the water out of the vase right before transporting the flowers to the studio if you’re worried about the water spilling while driving.
For large funeral arrangements and/or casket sprays: You can follow the above instructions on separating the flowers into smaller arrangements in vases of water, or you can simply bring the flowers in the arrangements as is and allow me to pull what I need based on what you order. Some customers find this easier, but I like to leave this part up to you! As long as the flowers have a water source, (vase of water or green sponge filled with water within the funeral arrangement/ casket spray), and they are kept in a cool, well-ventilated, low-lit area within the 4 day mark of dropping them off, they will be just fine!
For large family orders requesting specific colors/ flower types on the pieces ordered, we require the flowers to arrive at the studio on hangers as follows:
- The night before/ day of drop off, remove any excess water from the stems with a paper towel.
- Take the flowers and hang them either one-by-one or in bunches (no more than 3 flowers per bunch) upside down from a regular clothes hanger using clips/clothespins, ribbon, string (whatever you have on hand that will hold them in place on the hanger). The additional greenery and sprigs should also be hung upside.
- For each hanger, please attach some type of paper label with the name of the ITEM ORDERED that the specific hanger of flowers will be used for.
- See photo below for an example of how to hang the flowers.
- Once all of the flowers and greenery have been attached to the hangers, keep in a dark, cool, indoor space with low humidity before your scheduled drop off the next day.
- If you haven't already scheduled a drop off please email me at email@example.com to do so.